We had a lovely day today. After breakfast we spent the morning and part of the afternoon at the beach. The beaches in the South of France are made up of big smooth rocks. You should wear water shoes to get to the water. The private beach for our hotel has lounge chairs, towels and umbrellas and they have this mat that covers the rocks so it is easier to walk on-the beaches are not Hawaiian beaches but the water is an amazing Azure blue. I even went swimming! Afterwards we walked to the old town of Nice and enjoyed a salad for lunch and shopped for all kinds of things- yes that is right.....more French pastries. Good thing I have worked out everyday on this trip. Hope I did not do too much damage to the waist line! We did buy croissants and fruit for our breakfast tomorrow. We need to leave at 9 for our flight to Helsinki. It will be the final leg of our journey. We have an overnight there before we head back to Chicago. Overall this has been an amazing vacation. Everybody had such a good time. I hope you have enjoyed the blog. It was difficult and sometimes frustrating to write since I had to type on my phone and have trouble seeing so excuse any poor grammar as I did not proofread. I discovered that I can post pictures one at a time as separate blog entries ( very annoying ) so I will try and put some pictures from today up. I will write next from Helsinki. Nance
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Nice France
No comments:
Post a Comment